2 Questions

Support requests, bug reports, questions etc.
dfine
starter
starter
2 Questions

Post by dfine » Tue May 05, 2009 16:13

Firstly Great work - really nice interface and functionality.

2 Questions :
1) I have configured 1 collector and 1 monitor. Things seem to be working fine - however there is a big RED X in the GUI of the monitor next to the hosts for which it receives passive checks - is this normal (since it looks like I can only get rid of this by having an active check for this host on the monitor itself - which is not really what I want - however the RED X will confuse some staff and they might think there is a problem with that host ) ?

2) Am I correct in assuming that the collector only needs the global and %whatever.thecollectors.name.direcory% files referenced in its nagios.cfg file and therefore does not need the Default_collector or %monitor.named.directory% directories ?

Thanks for the assistance and for making nconf !!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Df

agargiulo
NConf developer
NConf developer

Re: 2 Questions

Post by agargiulo » Wed May 06, 2009 12:37

Hi.

1) The red "X" is normal, we have it too on our Nagios platform. As far as I know there is no way to get rid of it, unless you enable active checking on the monitor server (which in my opinion does not make much sense, but some users say it's necessary for them). Maybe there is a way to enable active checking but do some dummy-check, which always returns OK.

2) Yes, you're right. When you first install NConf, there will be a predefined collector server named "Default Nagios". When you generate the config, you will get a "global" and a "default_collector" folder. The "default_collector" folder corresponds to this one predefined collector. If you decide to rename it, you can delete this folder.
For every collector or monitor server you add, you will only need to include the following in your Nagios config:
the "global" folder + the folder for your current server

dfine
starter
starter

Re: 2 Questions

Post by dfine » Thu May 07, 2009 13:23

Hi ,

Thanks for the response - appreciate it :-)