Import existing Nagios .cfg files

Support requests, bug reports, questions etc.
MarkG
Import existing Nagios .cfg files

Post by MarkG » Wed May 13, 2009 17:57

I was wondering if there was a way to import my current Nagios config files. Namely Hosts, Hostgroups, Services. I have quite a few and dont want to have to type them all in.

agargiulo
NConf developer
NConf developer

Re: Import existing Nagios .cfg files

Post by agargiulo » Thu May 14, 2009 19:34

Hi.

We realize there is a big need for an import functionality. With NConf 1.2.5 we will release a database API (written in Perl) and a first version of an importer.
I don't want to promise too much right now, but this is definitely a feature we are working on. I am confident that with some help from the community we will soon have a very good importer. We are currently laying the base for this, by developing the database API.

I will keep you posted.
Regards,

Angelo

Xi0N

Post by Xi0N » Sat May 16, 2009 00:12

Let me see if i understood this.

I had my nagios server fullyc onfigured already, with the services i need, contacts, machines, etc......
Now i installed nconf, and i dont see any of those on this tool. Does this mean nconf is unable to import that configurations?

Thanks and sorry if the question is repetitive... i just want to make sure :oops:

agargiulo
NConf developer
NConf developer

Post by agargiulo » Mon May 18, 2009 10:03

NConf does not read your existing textfiles. You have to first create your config in NConf. The data will be stored in a database, and when you hit the "generate" button, new textfiles will be created out of NConf.
We are working on an import mechanism for existing Nagios configurations.

Xi0N

Post by Xi0N » Mon May 25, 2009 08:58

Ok, we will be awaiting the future import configuration feature

Thanks for your work!