Issues generating config

Support requests, bug reports, questions etc.
GaWd
starter
starter

Issues generating config

Post by GaWd » Sat Mar 31, 2012 20:27

Hello all!

I just installed and configured nconf. After a few hiccups, I have it up and running. Unfortunately I have an issue I don't seem to be able to remedy using the forums, here...

Error
Error accessing or executing Nagios / Icinga binary '/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios'.
Cannot run the mandatory syntax check.

The bindir is correct: /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios. I have tweaked with it and tweaked with it-to no avail. The nagios bin file is owned by nagios:nagios, but I see no mention of the ownership of this file needing to be modified.

Can I get some direction here? Thanks!

Oh, and I do want to direct some attention to the "hiccups" I experienced when installing. The Installation documents are sort of at odds with each other.

The install guide: http://www.nconf.org/dokuwiki/doku.php? ... stallation THe doc suggests that one go to the manual installation instructions for MySQL config. WHen one reads that document (section) http://www.nconf.org/dokuwiki/doku.php? ... ommandline , they are likely to continue following instructions for installation. If they do that, they will end up following steps 4, and 5. That creates a dead-stop error when running INSTALL.php, because the INSTALL or UPDATE files exist.

I see another user ran into the same issue, and opened a thread in the installation problems section of the forum for the same problem.

scrat
NConf enthusiast
NConf enthusiast

Re: Issues generating config

Post by scrat » Sun Apr 01, 2012 15:51

Hi,

Please check if your webserver user has read and execute permissions on /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios.
Do you have a Linux distribution with enabled SELinux?
If yes, you have to change some SELinux contents to allow apache execute the Nagios binary.

Regards,
Rene

GaWd
starter
starter

Re: Issues generating config

Post by GaWd » Sun Apr 01, 2012 17:09

Thanks Rene. Took a little permissions tweak and all was good.