Need help, thanks

Support requests, bug reports, questions etc.
Starter
starter
starter

Need help, thanks

Post by Starter » Mon Mar 26, 2012 09:47

Hi i am new nagios and nconf. Thanks all of you Fabian Gander, Angelo Gargiulo, Bernhard Waldvogel that's good software. I already install nconf with nagios from this tutorials http://digitalcardboard.com/blog/2010/0 ... ucid-lynx/ and that's work fine. But i have 3 question please.
first is maybe this question is not depend here but please answer me if linux server host's process port is open for example mssql - 3306 then can i monitor mssql or i must use nrpe,nsclient++ daemon or check_mk daemon or ssh . Second is can i use nrpe and nsclient++ with nconf or check_mk with nconf. Third is if i was install nrpe, and nconf, nagios then how i monitor remote host server, that directly can monitor.

scrat
NConf enthusiast
NConf enthusiast

Re: Need help, thanks

Post by scrat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 17:21

Hi,

1. You can monitor MSSQL directly with e.g. check_mssql_health when you allow remote connections to you database.
2. NRPE and NSClient++ is working fine with NConf, check_mk not, as check_mk is generating the Nagios configuration files directly.
3. Sorry, I don't understand your question.

Regards,
René

Starter
starter
starter

Re: Need help, thanks

Post by Starter » Tue Mar 27, 2012 03:20

Ok thank you. So you mean if i have plug-ins then i monitor all processes. I don't need to install and configure some daemon like nrpe (add-on) in remote server. What mean remote connection. Did you mean ssh connection. I think if mssql port 3306 is open then i can monitor mssql in my LAN . Sorry my language is not good. If possible please tell me little example. I think nconf and nrpe can't work both in one nagios server.