Generate config splits on dash -

Support requests, bug reports, questions etc.
Zath
starter
starter

Generate config splits on dash -

Post by Zath » Mon Jan 16, 2012 17:45

Hey,

I'm trying to generate an imported configuration. One of the contact groups that has been defined is called 'network-admins'. It seems however that the generate configuration script splits this on the dash, creating the following error:

Checking services...
Error: Contact group 'network-' specified in service 'SNMP' for host 'test-host' is not defined anywhere!
Error: Contact group 'admins' specified in service 'SNMP' for host 'test-host' is not defined anywhere!

What would be the proper solution for this? Should I rename contact groups so that they do not have any dashes in their names or is there perhaps a less labour intensive workaround?

Zath
starter
starter

Re: Generate config splits on dash -

Post by Zath » Tue Jan 17, 2012 00:11

After having replaced all dashes with underscores and encountering the same problem I simply removed them all together and came up with the following error for all services:

Error: Contact group 'admins' specified in service 'SNMP' for host 'example-host' is not defined anywhere!

The group is now called 'networkadmins', which is linked to the service in the web interface just fine. Any ideas?

agargiulo
NConf developer
NConf developer

Re: Generate config splits on dash -

Post by agargiulo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 18:03

Hi.

1) the problem with contactgroups containing "-admins" is a known issue. This bug will be fixed in the next release. For now, replacing the dash with an underscore should solve the problem.

2) the error you posted is caused by a setting in the configuration file:
Check the config/nconf.php file and change the $SUPERADMIN_GROUPS constant.

The option is explained here in detail:
http://www.nconf.org/dokuwiki/doku.php? ... act_groups