Remove Predefined NConf OBjects Failure

Support requests, bug reports, questions etc.

Re: Remove Predefined NConf OBjects Failure

Postby Shurupovert » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:18

http://youtu.be/OSiySS3ar-U

This video will help you understanding, how to resolve your problem.
Shurupovert

Postby Shurupovert » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:23

Shurupovert

Postby Wulfy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:33

Hi it seems im suffering the same issue could someone confirm this code hasnt been added to the main package on the downloads page? If not how do i go about applying the fixed patch from github please?

Thanks in advance
Wulfy

Postby tazinblack » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:08

Same issue here, as I add a remote collector I get same error

Code: Select all
Warning: No host_name found for service definition or used template (config file '/var/www/localhost/htdocs/nconf/temp/li21x90x199/advanced_services.cfg', starting on line 112)

OK, I'm new to nconf but not to nagios. Wanted this to have a web based config to use it together with my colleague. But looks like a bit tricky th get it running.
I have several distributed collectors. And when I add one to nconf I get this error.
tazinblack

Postby tazinblack » Fri Apr 19, 2013 13:00

tazinblack wrote:Same issue here, as I add a remote collector I get same error

Code: Select all
Warning: No host_name found for service definition or used template (config file '/var/www/localhost/htdocs/nconf/temp/li21x90x199/advanced_services.cfg', starting on line 112)

OK, I'm new to nconf but not to nagios. Wanted this to have a web based config to use it together with my colleague. But looks like a bit tricky th get it running.
I have several distributed collectors. And when I add one to nconf I get this error.

Are there needed things to be configured before adding a remote collector?
Why are there checks for a remote collector when you can not setup a ipadress for it?
Or am I something missing?

Please help someone, looks like I'm stuck at the initial configuration but would be great to come to the config of hosts and services.
tazinblack

Postby tazinblack » Mon Apr 22, 2013 15:55

Isn't there anybody out there?
tazinblack

Postby tazinblack » Mon Apr 22, 2013 17:06

Ok, after deleting nearly every template, advanced service and other things it looks like it's working.
tazinblack

Postby terrypewing » Sat Oct 19, 2013 01:49

agargiulo wrote:There is a bug in your patch. Advanced-services that are not linked to any host or hostgroup must be removed, regardless of any servicegroup assignment.
I have adapted your patch and commited the new code here:

https://github.com/nconf/development/co ... e48a63a08e

This patch worked for me. I set up test cases where unused advanced services were causing icinga to fail generating configs. After applying the patch the configs generated without error.

Thank You!!!

-Terry
terrypewing
starter
starter

Previous

Return to Support (NConf 1.3.0)