[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
forum.nconf.org • View topic - Remove Predefined NConf OBjects Failure

Remove Predefined NConf OBjects Failure

Support requests, bug reports, questions etc.

Remove Predefined NConf OBjects Failure

Postby chri.s » Tue Dec 20, 2011 18:15

chri.s

Re: Remove Predefined NConf OBjects Failure

Postby Tontonitch » Tue Dec 20, 2011 22:16

Tontonitch
NConf addict
NConf addict

Postby chri.s » Wed Dec 21, 2011 00:56

chri.s

Postby Tontonitch » Wed Dec 21, 2011 01:23

Ok, that's a "bug" i discovered some days ago:
when having some advanced-services configured, you must associate it to at least a host / hostgroup / servicegroup.
indeed, all the advanced-services are written to cfg file even if not associations have been done. And nagios doesn't allow a service to not be associated to a host/hostgroup/servicegroup, so the config check fail.
Solution 1: remove any unused advanced-services from the NConf interface
Solution 2: adapt the config generation process to avoid unused advanced-services to be written to the advanced-services.cfg files.
I will look at solution 2 if I have time next days.
BR,
Yannick
Tontonitch
NConf addict
NConf addict

Postby Tontonitch » Sat Dec 24, 2011 14:19

Hi guys,

Attached the patch corresponding to the solution 2: advanced-services which are not assigned to any host/hostgroup/servicegroup are not written to the generated config anymore.
nconf-1.3.0-0_not_used_advanced_services_wont_be_written.patch.zip
(914 Bytes) Downloaded 6795 times

A git pull request will follow.

Best regards, and wish a happy Christmas time to everybody ! Image

Yannick
Tontonitch
NConf addict
NConf addict

Postby chri.s » Sat Jan 07, 2012 17:26

Hi Yannick,

thanks for your wishes, i wish you a good new Year. Hope you had a good time for relaxation.

I tried today to put in your solution to fix the problem after i spend the last days for configuring and fixing the notificationsystem.

But i still have the Problem with deleting a host-service combination (in detail: wanted to delete the normal connection of the nrpe explorer check together with windows servers which arent logged in (Server2008) and the explorer service also isn't running.)

There i get an error back. After i put your code in the corresponding file "ExportNagios.pm" i get the same error
thrown back?

How do i have to implement your fix into this file? Just place it at the end or do i have to delete something?

Maybe you can help me once more.

Thank you and best regards!

Chri.s
chri.s

Postby x4FF3 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 16:16

Hi Chris,

after adding the patch i don't get any errors.

To apply the patch just copy the patch-file from above into the root-directory of nconf, like /var/www/nconf/ and execute this command:

patch -p0 < patchfile.

Greetings
David
x4FF3
starter
starter

Postby Alexis Huxley » Thu Jan 19, 2012 17:34

Alexis Huxley

Postby Tontonitch » Thu Jan 19, 2012 21:50

Tontonitch
NConf addict
NConf addict

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 19, 2012 22:16

Postby agargiulo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 01:30

After having applied the patch, check if you have any unused advaced-services that are linked to a servicegroup. Try removing the servicegroup. That should solve the problem.

Yannick: There is a bug in your patch. Advanced-services that are not linked to any host or hostgroup must be removed, regardless of any servicegroup assignment.
I have adapted your patch and commited the new code here:

https://github.com/nconf/development/co ... e48a63a08e
agargiulo
NConf developer
NConf developer

Postby Tontonitch » Fri Jan 20, 2012 08:06

Good point. I don't remember why i also checked the servicegroup assigned... Thank for your correction ;)
Br,
Yannick
Tontonitch
NConf addict
NConf addict

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:18

Postby agargiulo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:00

agargiulo
NConf developer
NConf developer