exporting configuration

Support requests, bug reports, questions etc.
whiteside

exporting configuration

Post by whiteside » Tue Dec 20, 2011 05:36

hello,

i have been setting up nagios and was told about this awesome utiltiy and so far it look great.

how ever i am experiencing a problem with that the web site is workign fine and i recieved a couple of errors during the install process which was related to permissions on the following folders

output
static_cfg
temp

i am not a linux user and have been fumbling my way along learing by doing so.

but i chmod 777 all of the listed folders and then the web site appeared to being working and all the pre install checks were ticked.

how ever when i attempt to build the new configuration from nconf there is no output any where is doesnt automatically up date and i cannot find any tarz any where with the new cfg files.

i recieve no errors on the screen the web page simply goes white and appears to do nothing. if i click on it again i get a error saying someone is already compling the configuration.

can someone please help!

sitweak
beginner
beginner

Re: exporting configuration

Post by sitweak » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:17

Did you generate the Config out of Internet Explorer 8 or older? NConf only supports up-to-date browsers.

Clenat the temp folder within the Nconf directory and try to re-generate the onfiguration with an uptodate browser! Then it will probably work :)

whiteside

Post by whiteside » Tue Dec 20, 2011 23:09

Thanks sitweak, that was excatly my problem. didnt think that ie 8 was going to be to old for it.

downloaded google chrome and everything works as expected.

thanks again :D :D :D :D

fgander
NConf developer
NConf developer

Post by fgander » Thu Dec 22, 2011 00:05

Jea seems there is a problem, will have to check that ... regards Fabian
F.G. - NConf developer
http://www.nconf.org
Follow NConf on Twitter!