Experimenting with importing the sql file into the database

Support requests, bug reports, questions etc.
kaplan71
NConf supporter
NConf supporter

Experimenting with importing the sql file into the database

Post by kaplan71 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 17:30

Hello --

I am experimenting with the following procedure for upgrading NConf from the 1.2.6 to the 1.3.0 release. What I have done is completed a dump of the existing 1.2.6 database into a sql file. This file has been copied to another server running the 1.3.0 version. The sql file has been successfully imported into the database, and this has been confirmed by logging into the newer version of NConf, and seeing the hosts listed on-screen.

The next step in the process is generating the output file. The error message that I am getting on-screen is the following:
Error: Cannot open main configuration file '/var/www/html/nconf/temp/test/Default_collector.cfg' for reading!
The differences between the two systems are as follows:

1. The location of the nconf directory is /var/www/nconf on the 1.2.6 system, while for the 1.3.0 system, it is at the /var/www/html/nconf directory.
2. The 1.3.0 system has the deployment.ini file in the config directory, while the 1.2.6 release does not have that file.

What modifications should I make to be able to generate the output file on the 1.3.0 system? Also, is this approach a legitimate way of upgrading the software?

Thanks.

fgander
NConf developer
NConf developer

Re: Experimenting with importing the sql file into the datab

Post by fgander » Tue Jul 10, 2012 22:37

Looks like you are doing this the wrong way.

Please clone your existing 1.2.6 for test a upgrade. Then copy over the 1.3 files and follow the instructions:

http://www.nconf.org/dokuwiki/doku.php? ... leasenotes
F.G. - NConf developer
http://www.nconf.org
Follow NConf on Twitter!

kaplan71
NConf supporter
NConf supporter

Re: Experimenting with importing the sql file into the datab

Post by kaplan71 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 22:55

Hello --

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I cannot devote any more time to this project due to other more pressing issues. As such, I am going to have end my efforts here, and remove nconf from our server.

I hope to be able to revisit this at a later date.