Install nconf, stuck in configuring mysql

Support requests, bug reports, questions etc.
ebignacio

Install nconf, stuck in configuring mysql

Post by ebignacio » Tue Nov 10, 2009 09:14

Hi,

I am bit of linux newbie. I have already installed and configured nagios based on the available step by step procedures. Now I'm trying to install nconf for easier administration. However, I am stuck with installing and configuring mysql. Below is step number 3 of the procedure.

3. Create the database
Create a new MySQL database for NConf, create a user to access the database, grant the apropriate privileges (make sure InnoDB for MySQL is set up properly prior to creating the database).
Depending on your setup, you can create the database with phpMyAdmin, on the commandline, or with whatever tool is at your disposal (for detailed instructions on how to set up MySQL by commandline, please refer to the manual installation section).

Can someone please point me to the right directions or if its not too much trouble, provide me with a step by step procedure in installing and configuring mysql and innodb. thanks a lot in advance

agargiulo
NConf developer
NConf developer

Re: Install nconf, stuck in configuring mysql

Post by agargiulo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:15

Hi.

As far as I know, MySQL usually already comes with InnoDB configured properly, although this might depend on the Linux distribution you're using.

To set up a new database by command line, you would proceed the following way:

Code: Select all

$> mysql -u root -p  
Enter password:  
mysql> CREATE DATABASE NConf;
mysql> GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, ALTER ON NConf.* TO 'DB_USER'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'DB_PASS';
mysql> exit;
Hope this helps...