Notification - Escalation

Support requests, bug reports, questions etc.
Sinnlos

Notification - Escalation

Post by Sinnlos » Thu Oct 29, 2009 17:48

Is it possible to setup notification escalations through NConf? Was going over the online demo but I can't see that option.

Thanks!

agargiulo
NConf developer
NConf developer

Re: Notification - Escalation

Post by agargiulo » Mon Nov 02, 2009 16:23

Hi. The host/service escalation objects and their attributes are not currently implemented in NConf. However, they could easily be added using the add class / add attribute GUIs. If you have a single-server Nagios setup, then there shouldn't be any problems adding the needed attributes.

However, if you have a distributed Nagios setup with multiple servers and want to configure escalations through NConf, then you will run into trouble, because we first need to implement some additional logic to make sure the config files for each server only contain host / service escalations that they are responsible for.

This is a feature we will be implementing in the very near future.

Regards,
Angelo

Sinnlos

Post by Sinnlos » Mon Nov 02, 2009 18:57

Thanks! Looking forward for that... I do like NConf. Currently I'm using Centreon as m y front end but I want to switch to NConf. I hope you guys implement that escalation option soon :D

agargiulo
NConf developer
NConf developer

Post by agargiulo » Tue Nov 03, 2009 14:13

If you're not using a distributed Nagios setup, you can add the necessary classes and attributes yourself via the Attributes GUI...